To the folks at Uspray:
Thank God for your company and the online information you offer!
I live in a NYCity apartment and identified a bed bug problem through discovery of active specimens after finding multiple bites.
It is a small apartment and I have lived here 30 years without so much as a hint of them, but, all of a sudden, here they are and I am going a bit nuts. No sleep, afraid to have company, afraid to tell anybody because of the personal stigma.
I ordered several of the products and, although I have not licked the problem, I think I have them on the run and am finding controls.
I am using:
A few questions:
1) Do they feed off mice and if rodents are present are they more active?
2) Since you can’t ship Cyfluthrin to New York, if I spray the carpet with Gentrol will that be sufficient?
3) What is the difference between Bedbug Killer and Lice/Bedbug Killer?
4) Would Exo-Exempt KO be a substitute for Gentrol Aerosol that can’t be shipped to NY, or will the gentrol that I mix into a sprayer with water be just as good?
5) Will the Mother Earth Dust be a good enough duster to replace the Drione or Pyganic that can’t be shipped to NY?
Thank you for your service to those of us in need. You are a godsend!
When I get a little more information, I will order additional product until I have won this war!
I value all advice and suggestions you can offer.
Bed bugs are nasty and “feel your pain”!! With that in mind, they can be controlled and even with some “alternative” products you should be able to get them under control with a little diligence and technical support. So to answer your questions…
1) Bed bugs commonly feed on most any host which will provide a good blood meal. Common hosts include bats, birds, mice, rats, people and pets.
2) Treating the carpet with GENTROL makes sense. It will help break the cycle and though you won’t see immediate knock down of adults, it will help stave off future generations. The real benefit when Gentrol is used happens over time and is strongly recommended.
3) There are two main differences between these products.
- Bedbug Killer is a liquid; Lice/Bedbug Killer an aerosol
- Bedbug uses Deltamethrin as the active; Lice/Bedbug Aerosol Killer uses Pyrethrin and Permethrin
Besides these differences, there are some similar qualities about these two products. First, they are both quite handy and effective on lice and bedbugs. Second, both are decent actives which can last when applied to active sites.
4) ECO KO would be an OK substitute for the Gentrol Aerosol. A even better option would be the BEDLAM AEROSOL. It’s formulated for Bed Bugs and will control both the adults and the eggs so it’s a good replacement option.
5) The Mothers Earth Dust would be an Ok substitute for the PYGANIC DUST. However, we just found out at the end of October that the Pyganic is now approved for sale into NY so we will be changing our site to reflect this change. In other words, you can now get it from us too.